The HIPAA Portability Training & Certification Program
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) affects most health plans, service providers, and human resources professionals.
HIPAA requires plans and administrators to know and comply with pre-existing condition exclusion rules, credits for prior health care coverage, issuance of certificates of creditable coverage, and integration with COBRA, Qualified Medical Child
Support Orders (QMCSOs), the Mental Health Parity Act, and other applicable laws.
Our HIPAA Portability Training & Certification Program covers both the basics and the detailed rules for portability and availability of health care coverage, as well as the integration with other applicable laws.
The Program also includes the notice requirement rules and administrative tips to help with compliance. Numerous examples help provide valuable insight into the nuances of the rules.
The Program also includes an optional test for those who wish to earn a Certified HIPAA Portability Administrator designation. This Program also qualifies for eight hours of PHR and SPHR re-certification credits!
The Program's easy-to-learn design has numerous tips, examples, and procedural recommendations that are interspersed with interactive Q and A sessions so that you are confident that you are learning and in where your strengths and weaknesses lie.
It's "Bookmark" feature also lets you learn at your own pace, and gives you the ability to review previously completed material.
Besides the basics, you'll also learn to:
- Identify and apply prior creditable health care coverage
- Develop and produce a compliant certificate of creditable coverage
- Determine the application and length of a preexisting condition exclusion
- Recognize a special enrollment situation
- Understand how to comply with HIPAA requirements for nondiscrimination based upon health factors
- Integrate HIPAA requirements with COBRA, Qualified Medical Child Support Orders (QMCSOs), The Mental Health Parity Act, and other applicable laws
Organizations enrolling three or more individuals also receive our Management Interface at no cost.
This interface lets managers view employee progress, test scores, and any incorrectly answered test questions - great for remedial training!